The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday June 13, 1999 at 18:46
PDD
Historic Forum Post
Daniel Tonks,

I don't quite understand why you seem so biased against the Palm Pilot. Do you have some sort of contract with Philips or something?

For those of you keeping score, the PRONTO is a better remote control. This was never meant to be a Palm vs. Pronto battle. However, the Pronto is a good $100 more. And for those people who are on a budget, the Palm is an excellent choice. It does EVERYTHING that the Pronto does, plus more (ie. Timed macros for recording programs). Interface wise, the Palm is no match for the Pronto. But, if you can do without the bells and whistles, then the Palm Pilot will work perfectly fine.

Another point: I purchased my Palm Pilot SOLELY as a remote control. I use it as a entertainment control. It controls all of my home theater/stereo components, and has databases of my phones numbers, addresses, mixed drinks, recipes, trivia questions, and whatever else you could possibly want on there. Going on a trip? Download a map of where you are going, and there is you're trip tik.

But all these features are beside the point, next to the Pronto, and possibly the Madrigal, it is the most capabale remote control, for about $100 or more less!!! Now, if you have the money, please buy the Pronto. If you can't justify spending the extra $100 for a component which is limited to ONLY a remote control (PRONTO), then get the Palm Pilot. You won't be sorry.

Also, have you ever used a Palm Pilot for a remote? I would hope you have (you being the owner of the site) before making such bold statements. Although, I doubt that you have, seeing that this remote won't be a free one like the others :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse