Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday June 8, 1999 at 18:34
PDD
Historic Forum Post
Brian: If you read the LONG first message I posted, it will tell you everything you need to know about the Palm Pilot, and where to get it. I would recommend buying the Palm III for roughly $165.

DanK:
1)To cover a fairly large device with buttons that aren't the size of a rice krispie, it took me two screens. For instance, the TV: the first screen had all the numbers, channel changer, and volume, on it, and then the next screen had the menu function (up, down, enter, last, etc.).

2) I have used 12 of the 15. Hopefully, in the next release there will be unlimited screens.

3)My Palm takes about 100k of memory for the omni-remote.

4)The ease of use is very good. Much better that the Rotel 990 because you can program the physical buttons to those buttons you use most often(ie channel up, down, power, volume). Never had a Pronto, but I would suspect it is slightly less easy to use than that.

The programming took a while to do. You have to design it from scratch. That was a pain, I must say. But the end result is YOUR design, which is pretty cool. And for those that want a default to mess with, just e-mail me :)

My two recommendations are 1)Read my first message. I know it is long and winded, but if you want to know the abilities of the Palm, It is pretty much all there. 2) If you are going to use the Palm as remote, don't use it as your main organizer. It's not pratical for it to be both. Use it as your entertainment controller. Have it control your entertainment sytem, your lights (X-10), and also have it hold cool databases. I have the Palm bar on it (100 different mix drinks), trivia questions, etc., etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse