The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday April 29, 2004 at 04:11
npaisnel
Founding Member
March 2002
I could not understand it either. Not a problem anymore though, TV was despatched to the scrap soon after.

I have a ccf that I use at home, that runs on PDAWin fine, I use it all the time. but it took a lot of work to get it to learn any codes correctly and cleanly and get them to work.
In particulat I am thinking about a Sky satelite remote. Some of the numbers would not learn at all, where a Pronto or TR learned them fine. They would constantly give a double tap output. This could be as much an original remote problem as one of PDAWin, some remotes could handle learning and replying the original code, PDAWin could not.
Manually editing to produce clean single burst codes soon had a complete set of working codes, for Sky, but as with your changing of the IR receiver chip in the TV, this might be not a solution for everyone but perhaps a hint.
All I would say about any of the Remote progs for any PDA if you are planning to use ccf files is Be prepared for a load of manual hex editing and a lot time spent doing it to get good reliable codes.
PDAWin and TVR are both great in their native modes, it is just trying to get the ccf support.

None of them are perfect, even the real learning remotes. The big downside with PDAWin is their lack of support, this is where Total Remote is scoring big time

Hosting Services by ipHouse