The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday May 21, 2004 at 08:40
blueness
Lurking Member
May 2004
I have a Compal product. They made the Inspiron 5000 series for DELL. I also purchased a 16MB ATI Mobility(M3) upgrade card through them (Dell wouldn't agree to it). It reads only 8MB in Windows, but seems to work better than the original card.

I also have an AVR-230. It's a great rig. It was so tempting to go with the new DPR-1001 for $500 at JandR.com, but I stuck with analog for now.

Anyway, on TR in the URThere @migo, if you're hearing the appropiate audio cues, is there a chance the emitter itself is funky?

One way to test the IR output is to look at the emitter through a video camera.

I'm not sure if the IR is visible in the viewfinder or if it requires recording to tape...or if this is something that only happens with old video cameras. I haven't tried it in a long time, but the IR becomes visible when viewed by/through the camera.

It might also be worth finding another PocketPC to test your Total Remote IR emitter. In that case, you'd know if it was an issue with the Compal.

On the software end, perhaps selecting edit>properties and upping the repeat count or changing the timing factor would help. There's also the "warm up" sequence check box. I'm new to the application myself so I'm only guessing.

I hope something works for you or that Don's team will figure something out. It's hard to imagine there'd be any issues using something as standard as headphone as the translator/interface, but I guess all PocketPCs are not created equal.

Hosting Services by ipHouse