The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 20, 2004 at 06:34
nsafreak
Long Time Member
May 2004
Well I've sent an e-mail to Griffin's tech support and since I have a case of insomnia I figured I'd post here and see if anybody has any bright ideas. I just recently purchased the Total Remote 2.0 software & remote extender as the IR on my PDA isn't too terribly great. Unfortunately while I believe the software works I have not been able to get the extender to work. And the built in IR only works for one device and that's my Harman Kardon AVR-230 receiver, only if I'm 2-3 feet away from it though. Have not gotten it to work any of my other equipment.

At first I was teaching Total Remote from my Sony universal learning remote and the codes it learned. Only the receiver worked using that setup. I then tried using the original remotes as opposed to the learning remote, same result. I have even tried loading CCF files for my equipment which should have known good codes to no effect. Do I just have a defective IR extender or is my PPC incompatible with the software? I have noted that if I leave it set to the extender and remove the extender that it does emit a series of clicks from my PPC speaker on button presses like it should.

Here's a list of my equipment if that helps at all:

Samsung TXN2726 27" TV
ReplayTV 5504
Harman Kardon AVR-230
Sharp MD-R3 3 CD changer/Minidisc deck
Samsung M-101 DVD Player

Any ideas you folks have are appreciated. If Don happens to notice this before his support staff respond to my e-mail (which I'm sure they'll be prompt about) I'd like his input as well. Btw I noticed at one point in time you were looking for beta testers. I don't know how much help I'd be especially if I cannot get my PocketPC to work with the software but if you're still looking I'm interested. I have beta tested a few commercial products although mainly games namely Diablo II, WarCraft III: Frozen Throne, and a few other products. I also work for Dish Network so if you need help finding out codes for our products I might be able to help there as well to an extent.

Hosting Services by ipHouse