The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday July 28, 2004 at 00:00
augusty
Long Time Member
July 2004
Thanks for the reply, I wish total remote would work on my smartphone Toshiba 2032. But I will probably get the next new thing when it comes out.

Indicated by Dave, CF's are on the way out, SD cards are the next norm. The missing link in all this technology is the connection to the x-10 frequency And the ability to send Ir's at a greater distance from a wider platform of products.

So if the (lets say total remote) generates an Ir but releases it in x-10 rf (310 mhz) from the SD card; then an x-10 to ir linc could pick it up and send it wherever it needs to go (home theater equip).
[Link: smarthome.com] (one of the x-10 to ir lincs)

And for all other x-10 stuff an x-10 transceiever could also pick up the signal and sent it over the lines to lighting, irrigation, pools, and fountains,
rainforests (part of my irrigation system) So, having these on a remote as an entities really adds pizazz to the overall landscape automation.

Nobody is tapping into X-10's frequency. This, I beleave is the way to go! And If this was available, I would easily pay $100 and I am sure others would to. The overall price still beats multiple remotes one being a pronto and its proprietory equipment.

Keep us informed, Thanks for all your efforts!
Friend of Bill and Dorothy

Hosting Services by ipHouse