The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday September 22, 2004 at 14:23
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
On 09/19/04 17:07 ET, Floyd Chan said...
I just installed Total Remote 2.1.381 in trial
mode onto my Dell X30 624Mhz to see if I like
it before I purchase a copy. Looks very promising

I think so. Dell thinks so too, or they wouldn't have included Total Remote on your companion CD. :)

However, none of the preset Sony TV device codes
seem to work with my Sony KV27FS100 TV. I've also
tried getting Total Remote to learn my Sony TV
remote, but that also failed. I've also noticed
the same issue with my Sony VCR.

Yeah, we have a guy here with a Wega TV that doesn't work worth a piss using the built-in Sony codes, but he didn't have too much trouble getting learning to work. I think some of the newest Sony TVs are using, for lack of a more scientific term, "more complex" signals than they used to, and it requires Total Remote to have a high degree of timing stability.

If you cannot get it to work with the demo, it will not work any better when registered. That is the point of the demo, to prove or disprove compatibility with YOUR gear. I would suggest messing around with methods of learning from the Sony remote, such as pressing longer than you think you need to , pressing shorter than you think you need to, beaming the signal from inches away, beaming the signal from feet away, and alternately hopping on your left foot during lunar waxing while striking yourself in the abdomen with three carrots and a bunch of collared greens. Just a thought. ;) Let me know if it helps any. If not, we might try giving you the unreleased beta version and see if it fixes everything.

--Don

Does anyone know if this is a known problem? Is
there a work around? Or is the problem that I'm
running in trial mode and all will be fine once
I purchase a license?

I've also noticed that the list of CD, Tuner and
Audio System device codes seems non-existent ...
again is this because I'm in trial mode?

Hosting Services by ipHouse