Post 12 made on Tuesday October 5, 2004 at 12:58
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
On 10/03/04 02:30 ET, augusty said...
Sprint calls my smartphone a pocket pc, maybe
this is where all my troubles are. It uses Windows
CE and has a Strong Arm Porcessor.

If that is the case they are making a mistake. Smartphone and Pocket PC are two entirely different things, and while they are probably about 90% compatible in practical usage it is still the wrong nomenclature and they have done a dissevice to one of their customers.

I beleive the problem with the dongle is that
it resides soley on output . Smartphone/Pocket
PC cell phones (whatever you want to call them)
have a two way audio jack. The headpone Jack
is used for Speakers and a microphone. The standard
dongle or adapter parts do not line up with our
specialized jacks.

That actually is a good thought, but does not apply in this case. The Total Remote transmitter should be no different than standard 3.5mm headphones in the way they make a physical connection to the pins inside the headphone jack. UNfortunately, physical connection is the least of the problem. If it doesn't work it tends to imply the audio port of the Smartphone you have cannot reproduce high-frequency signals at the required quality level. I wonder, do you know if Wistron makes that Smartphone? Wistron made the Casio E-200 and Dell Axim X5, both of which had nearly identical substandard audio hardware.

So, my badmouth was for lack of support by Griffen
Technology including yourself.

Apologies, both for my verbose and vigorous reply and for our lack of effective communication. You made mistakes, and our tech support people appear to have compounded them by not providing the answers you needed. This could have and should have been resolved VERY quickly:

Augusty: "Hi, I have a Sprint Smartphone and.."
Griffin: "Hold it right there, lil' Pikachu. This doesn't work on Smartphones"

It amazes me that a product can be developed without
the illicit company support from a major PPC manufacturer.

Griffin is a very big player in the Macintosh marketspace, and I can say in my several years here we have not gotten squat for support from That Big Company. We have branched into more PC products, and while we have certainly been contacted by a notable Washington company (that owns us all) every time they find a problem with our products that DIRECTLY AFFECTS their plans, they do not share information such as telling us what major changes will be made that will alter or affect the operation of our products in the future. Since working with Pocket PCs we have seen the same thing; the first time I hear about a new Dell PPC is when they contact me to tell me it doesn't work right! I know of very few companies in this field that have the type of relationship you imply. At that level, everyone is too busy trying to guard their secrets to share openly. Just the way biz iz.

Does it really work? Why can't Griffen Technology
tell us what PPC it was designed for?

You could read the compatibility list on our web site, and call us to confirm if you have any questions or doubts. Just a thought.

--Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse