The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday October 2, 2004 at 22:30
augusty
Long Time Member
July 2004
Well you have put me in my place and defended Griffen Technology.

Sprint calls my smartphone a pocket pc, maybe this is where all my troubles are. It uses Windows CE and has a Strong Arm Porcessor.

I beleive the problem with the dongle is that it resides soley on output . Smartphone/Pocket PC cell phones (whatever you want to call them) have a two way audio jack. The headpone Jack is used for Speakers and a microphone. The standard dongle or adapter parts do not line up with our specialized jacks.

So lets recap.

I bought Total Remote for my Pocket Pc / Cell phone - What I thought is also called a smartphone.

I tried it out and it works with a faint signal, because as a regular customer and seeing that it had not been tested on my type of product
I got the dongle anyway.

I am too busy to keep track of every e-mail and telephone call I have made to Griffen Technology, and I have made several. I was eager and excited about your product. After realizing TR would not work with my smartphone, I looked for other products and put TR on the back burner. My calls and e-mails were months ago. I followed the forums and saw a posting for beta testing TR. I e-mailed you Don Stratton to be a part of you product and support team.
No reply

So, my badmouth was for lack of support by Griffen Technology including yourself.

Thank you for the prompt attention I will call for a refund plus shipping.

It amazes me that a product can be developed without the illicit company support from a major PPC manufacturer.

Does it really work? Why can't Griffen Technology tell us what PPC it was designed for?

------------------------------------------------------------------

PDAwin was the first Remote control software I purchased, it works at 6' My IR is on the side, so it is awkard to pick and point. TR's dongle would have been the perfect solution. My ccf's have gotten too large so it crashes peridoically.

As stated above, I picked up my Prontos tsu 7000 and am loving it! I am just concerned about that technology - how long will it be around?

--August, (not an IT professional) but a Landscape Designer.
Friend of Bill and Dorothy

Hosting Services by ipHouse