The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday September 29, 2004 at 22:49
augusty
Long Time Member
July 2004
I did download it and the software shows up vividly on on my pocket pc. I even get a faint ir signal and it works at about 10". My Smartphone is exactly the same as the audiovox thera and the toshiba e570. Both on the list.

Most of us know that appliances all use the same technology and are sometimes built by generic manufacturers but different labels appear on the items. Anyway, I took a gamble. And, although most of my contacts was through remote central, and e-mails I never did call them.

I am just frustrated that the dongle did not work, it would have been way cool for me to control everything with me smartphone. I am a Landscape Designer and use the ccf for home automation on the outside: Sprinklers, Pools, Spas, Water Temp, Landscape Lighting, Irrigation - you get the picture.

I even e-mailed them to get the question that you just gave me, but never got a reply from them. That was: what pocket pc does the total remote work best on? I even volunteered (sp?) to be part of the beta testing program and still no reply.

So why should I waste more time and money on them, but rather get even with a nasty little remotecentral posting such as this. They got my money that is all they care about.

And that is the same with PDAwain, Vito and almost Ultra Remote.

Ultra remote would not take my money, I even begged for them to take it and they wouldn't. I wanted to try out the cf card with the pdawin software. They would not sell me the cf card. And it is just as well, I did not have a compact flash card socket. It was a secure digital socket. Hey, I am new to this, and extremly fascinated by all it.

Thank you Ultra Remote - You really care about us!

Any way, I am tired of trying to make things work the hard way, and am breaking down and picking up some Tsu 7000 and Tsu 6000. I have mastered ccf programing, how hard can the pcf be. And if the technology isnt there next year, I am sure there will be something for me and others to learn and gripe about.
Friend of Bill and Dorothy

Hosting Services by ipHouse