The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday September 27, 2004 at 10:18
tjdmobile
Long Time Member
September 2004
I will add comments here which I forwarded privately for potential customers: Realize that these comments are written in context of saying "good work!" to the team at Griffin..

Comments:

This is a fantastic implementation of "Pronto" compatible remote software. Your interface in CCF mode is of the most importance to me. It's clean, easy to use, and truly transforms my Ipaq into the Pronto in almost every way. I have been following the threads on RemoteCentral, and I am pleased to be a part of testing your software. I want to extend my appreciation to the senior developer of this software (Don) for being patient with the folks who complain and say the software is lousy (VERY few), and keep your head high and concentrate on this great product. Nice work all-around!

Suggestions:

1. PDAwin software remembers the state from the last run (i.e. CCF or standard mode). Can you replicate in your software?
2. PDAwin allows mapping of the "D-pad" or "Joystick". These are mapped to the hard-keys for Volume and Channel on the original Pronto devices. Is this something you might add?
3. Pronto has options to set recurring "timers" on their devices. Is it possible to eventually see this functionality, or is this a hardware limitation?
4. Port: I have also read on RemoteCentral about users who have recorded the IR signals and migrated them to another platform to play as .WAV files. This is very interesting to me, as I could use my PC to act as a scheduling device for recording TV programs. Is your sampling routine "portable" to Win32 as a small .exe? I realize that this is not the direction you are trying to go, I just wanted to ask.

BOTTOM LINE: The software is a "work in progress" when it comes to CCF, but the core functionality is there. It works as advertised with my Ipaq 3635. The hardest part of using any Pronto-like setup is to come up with the most effective skins. Total Remote brings everything together beautifully.

TJD
Pronto TSU3000 with RF Powermid repeater, PDA remote user

Hosting Services by ipHouse