The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday October 18, 2004 at 20:09
kpavey
Lurking Member
September 2004
I have an unrelated although conceptually similar inquiry re Total Remote.

I just downloaded TR2.2 for evaluation. Looks impressive so far. Why only a 3 day trial - I really doubt I'm going to get to know the features/benefits of this package in 3 days, especially given complexities of Bluetooth thrown in. How about a week or two? Anyway, hence my inquiry... ;) :

Will TR link via Bluetooth to my HTPC to control the various IRs programmed into the skins?

Can TR emulate keystrokes ilo IR learning to execute commands for each programmed button? I had a quiz through the v2.2 user guide but couldn't see this directly - perhaps through ccf files?

Secondly, getting a 'dongle' (frequency doubled antenna) is $30US shipping on the TR website to Australia - I can't imagine why that is so expensive. That's more than the software! Do you have an Australian agent? I can control DTV, CD, DVD etc from the HTPC anyway so I may not need this, but it would be nice to turn on the Philips TV for instance via TR and control my normal standalone CD transport which are normal IR devices.

I have an Ipaq 1940 which has the IR widget on the side of the device, so I doubt this will suffice (although the couch is only about 10ft from the HTPC). No CIR port unfortunately.

Appreciate any advice on the matter.

Cheers, Kendrick
Cheers, Kendrick

Hosting Services by ipHouse