Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday October 15, 2004 at 03:28
JordanW
Long Time Member
July 2002
Don,

Thanks for the excellent post, as it definitely was helpful to me and I'm sure plenty of others as well. And to be honest, I'm not sure what equipment Chris was testing. The IR was a last minute thing I asked him to try to test during my conversations with him, so I'm not sure how "in depth" of a test was performed.

Since you got about the same range out of the tested equipment between the X3 and X50, as well as your working with them to get Total Remote performing well on it, it makes me feel like Dell/HTC and Griffen were working hard to keep this one performing well for remote usage.

Granted, I'm still going to have my old X5 with CF IR extender for dedicated touchscreen remote use, regardless of having newer PDAs around. But I wanted this info for the many others that I know will be contacting me about the X50 as it nears shipment.

And for what its worth, my mileage has been great with the X3i (and of course X5 with extender) on all of my HT equipment. Maybe one day in a couple of years the X50v will be "demoted" down the line as my dedicated remote. :p

Thanks again for the reply.

Hosting Services by ipHouse