The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 2, 2004 at 14:34
ClarkK
Founding Member
September 2001
Not so much the software, but more the signal strength on irda and the dongle... Ive tried a sony clie with perfect and it works quite well, but the signal strength isnt quite there, wont control through in ir extender... so, i've picked up a toshiba e310 to use with total remote (looked like the best option since it could use the dongle or irda).

Testing with my Pioneer DV-656a DVD player, i'm getting about I've got the software sampling and sending. I'm about 12ft away from my kit and its controlling the kit if its pointed exactly at the player. If you angle the pda up or down it wont fire it up :(

The Philips 36PW9607 TV, Pace Sky+ box & Denon avr3802 amp is just as bad, has to be direct, my sky box is under the tv and my amp in the avrack next to it, it wont control either when pointed at the other. As for working through the ir extender, not a hope. Its not even as good as the built in cir on the clie. Not even close to their claims of "far more powerful signal strength than your original remote control" and the "cool" 100 ft range :(

Am i doing something wrong? Or can anybody send me any known good codes for any of the above kit to test it with? Or is total remote just poo, and i should spend some cash for a pronto?

Hosting Services by ipHouse