Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday May 4, 2004 at 04:07
stricko
Long Time Member
June 2003
Don

Thanks for getting back. I've got two separate issues and I think that they might have become overlayed on top of one another.

For the multiple panels per device issue, all I'm looking for is on screen buttons to scroll up and down between the panels. The little green arrows idea sounds OK, but bear in mind that some people (like me) design their CCf to be used without a stylus. How fiddly will the little green buttons be for fat old fingers like mine?

The D-pad issue is totally separate. The short answer to the question of what should the D-pad do in a CCF is; whatever you tell it to do in the CCF!!!!!

Sorry to swear, but with PDAWin the 5 D-Pad commands are mapped to Pronto hard buttons. I don't have a CCF with me, and I can't remember the mapping, but it's easy enough once you've got it wrong 20-30 times (trust me!). you could use it for volume +/-, channel +/-, whatever you like. Primarily I use it whenever the original remote has an arrow pad (left/right, up/down, select). So for may satellite/PVR and DVD remotes the D-pad has a consistent use. I hope this is clear. If I find a CCF, I'll add the mapping details.

Paul

Hosting Services by ipHouse