The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday March 22, 2005 at 05:07
stricko
Long Time Member
June 2003
OK, first update, but not much to report. x50v arrived this morning courtesy of those nice people at ebay. Brand new and 20% cheaper than direct from Dell, including postage and packaging from the gold old US of A.

First impressions. Very light, very slim. Like the navigation pad with it's separate enter/select button. On the ipaq, I got the family to understand up/down/left/right but had to put a select button on screen. New pad is smaller but seems more intuitive. Docking station is not the most attractive I've ever seen, but it's good and heavy. Power supply is a generic 110-240v unit, but has the standard two pin female (at the power supply end) mains cable, so no problem switching over to a UK lead. Separate battery means that there is a battery compartment lid which seems a bit flimsy. With kids in the house, this may be a weak point.

And.....

Thats about it I'm afraid, the battery takes 8 hours (min) for first charge, and more importantly, I had to come to work. So I didn't get to load anything yet.

More soon

Hosting Services by ipHouse