Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 19, 2005 at 22:56
EarlDGray
Lurking Member
November 2004
Hello All,

I am working on a project using Bang and Olufsen equipment and a BEO4 remote. I am using RenoteControlII software on a WebDT375 and in general am VERY hapy with the outcome.

The WebDT375 has one drawback. It has no onboard IR port. I am using a CF IR Extender for the IR functions. It works well with one exception, I can't learn codes.
I have been able to scavange the IR codes that I need with one exception, the DVD button.

I have a pronto and can learn codes in general, but the B&O equipment uses a higher frequency than most equipment. The pronto can't actually learn the high frequency codes but gets around this by holding a database of codes and getting enough information from learning to use these internally stored codes, since even though it can't actually learn these codes, it can send them.

You can tell when a pronto is using this capability when the IR code does not start with "0000" In the case of B&O equipment, the Pronto Aliased codesw start with "7000" Unfortunately, these are proprietary codes and can only be used by Pronto.

What I need is the learned IR code (one that starts with 0000) for the DVD button on a BEO4 Bang and Olufsen Remote. Can enyone out there in remote land help me?

Thanks for your attention
Earl Gray
Earl

Hosting Services by ipHouse