The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 185 made on Friday November 12, 2004 at 12:21
mjirvine
Lurking Member
November 2004
hi there, I have just purchased totalremote after playing with your demo version. I have received my box and the audio IR thingy.

I am having problems and am unable to use any macros as they seem to continually repeat requiring me to soft reset my pda! I gather this was a problem but thought it was surely fixed in this latest version???

unfortunately, the audio thingy does not work with my PACE NTL digital box, but does work with my TV/DVD etc ?? not quite sure why, but presumably something to do with the signal type?

also, this version of total remote does not seem to be able to use my HP 2210's CIR hardware (just doesnt work with that option selected) and range is very poor using IRDA compared to nevo with CIR. It does seem, however to prefer my old 3630s irda on which the range is pretty good at 2-3m compared to the 2210s of only 0.5m or so!

Any ideas when these "glitches" are due to be fixed? Unfortunately, nevo is no good for me as it doesnt seem to support "second signals" which my LG TV needs so I seem to be snookered until totalremote gets updated?

here's hoping for some bug fixes.....

Michael Irvine

Hosting Services by ipHouse