Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 149 made on Wednesday July 28, 2004 at 15:55
GUI_QA_guy
Lurking Member
July 2004
Don,

Please just give me some response even if it is just to say i am up a creek!

Total Remote IR transmitter device and IPAQ 3955 using CE 2002. The IRDA works however the TR IR Transmitter does not.

I have found that the IR's barely light with the current ROM version 1.11.

When Compact Audio setting are changed (Bass and Tremble setting) no visual changes are noticed with the IR's (viewed through a night vision camera). Now when i set the bass and tremble to max and change the backlight and power managment settings, then press a remote button several times through total remote, suddenly the light becomes very bright. Once i remove the IR transmitter or power the IPAQ off the IR's return to a diminished flash again.

I reinstalled the original ROM 1.0 and noticed the IR's are flashing bright, but will not control any devices. I made changes to properties (1.027, 0 repeats, with/without warm-up, and changed Bass and Tremble settings) but nothing has worked so far.

Rom Version 1.11 definatly is not working. Each time i updated the IPAQ to this version the IR's were deminished. I tried to install EUU3 by itself however i have yet to have a sucessful install, it fails each time it gets to the power management updates and the IR's continue to flash brightly but do not control any devices.

I would try to work with HP to see if this was a rom problem but my warentee has expired, so no techsupport for me.

Was there any special setup pre EUU3 to get the IR transmitter to work?

Have you looked at the IPAQ development kit from HP to possible resoved all IPAQ issues and ensure that it works?

Is this like any other problem you have seen with other PDA's?

Is there any chance this will ever get resolved?

Thanks,
Steve

Hosting Services by ipHouse