The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 144 made on Thursday July 15, 2004 at 12:45
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
On 07/13/04 23:09, Carlos Rendon said...
What do you mean by a New IR engine, and when
are you planning to fix the bug that points to
the wrong devices( it's really annoying!!!!!!!!!!)

Tell me about it. This is one of those obvious bugs that should not have been missed prior to release, but we were so eager to kill the "device tree of death" bug that we did not test adequately. Um, my bad.

Ironically, the lead programmer (and the only one who can fix this bug) went on vacation and will not be back until next week. This did give us lots of time to look for more bugs, and we came up with a record number of entries into our Bugzilla tracker ranging from urgent fixes to asthetic tweaks. They will ALL be implemented before I call it "v3.0", but the critical fixes will be out as soon as they are verified and will likely represent the last of the v2.x releases. Work should resume on Monday.

The primary change to what I expect to call v3.0 is the COMPLETE rewrite of the IR cores, learning and transmission. While Total Remote works perfectly for many signals we made a fundamental mistake in the early development and adopted a signal format that was too limiting. As some of you have discovered, Total Remote is flatly incapable of dealing with some signals that competing products CAN handle. This WILL be eliminated in v3.0, for the simple reason that I will not release it until it can do every single thing TVRC can do, and then some. My beta testers will end up doing the bulk of the verification work, since I never did have any of the gear that doesn't work with the current TR.

There are some other technical items that I will be able to discuss closer to the actual release date.

So:

v2.x - The Final Chapter = 2 weeks at best
v3.0 - A New Beginning = 6-8 weeks at the minimum

Hosting Services by ipHouse