The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 87 made on Thursday May 13, 2004 at 19:24
dshmel
Founding Member
October 2001
To be honest, I think most of the users purchasing your program are crosovers from the Pronto community who have already spent time (LOTS OF TIME) creating .ccf's or .pcf's or whatever for their Prontos. Like me, many of them are looking to capitalize on ALL of their hard work by porting the .ccf file into a FASTER, COLOR device that costs less than HALF the price of a TSU6000 or TSU7000. Personnaly I don't know why the developers for PDA remote software even bother to come up with their own "skins" and OS'. Just figure out a way to support the software files that already exist. I already know how to use the FREE Pronto/NEO editing programs and have tons of graphic files and utilites for support. I don't have the time to reinvent my "skins". Just market your device by selling a fast and painless way to "convert" or "import" the THOUSANDS of files from the THOUSANDS of users on this web site and you don't have to spend time creating a program that is works 18 ways to Sunday. Let me put it this way, IF Griffin created a software program that would convert a .ccf, .ncf, or .pcf. file to a PPC program that performed EXACTLY the same way on a PPC as it does on a Pronto (only faster and in color) then I would pay serious money for it (MORE than $29). Haven't companies learned from the Betamax versus VHS face-off, what about Microosft versus MAC? Pronto has become the defacto standard for affordable customizable touch screen remotes. Griffin, you have to decide if you want to be like Beta or VHS. Focus on supporting the pronto files and well established community that already exists and "they will beat a path" to your product. Trust me on this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse