Post 83 made on Wednesday May 12, 2004 at 13:47
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
On 05/07/04 15:33, blueness said...
After reading posts here and witnessing Don's
dedication the decision to invest in TR was nothing
less/more than simplicity.

Since you may be new to these forums you won't have any idea how much your words mean to me. Total Remote and Griffin Technology has, DESERVEDLY, been raked over the coals for poor support and buggy software. Once I became aware of it (as well as to shame and humiliate a few of my co-workers in technical support and marketing) I broke my freaking back to "make it right". I took a large amount of abuse for quite a while, but it would appear my unflinching willingness to take the heat and work with the user community really paid off, because now Total Remote appears to be the odds-on favorite! Still, I clearly remember the days when people were calling me/us fraudulent criminals and scam artists, so when I see a glowing review like yours I get all squishy inside. :)

Hopefully, I'll also be able to provide a useful
testing contribution or two. If you need any
enthusiastic PPC-toting service/QA reps, I'd
be obliged to assist.

Please contact me at [email protected] and I will sign you up!

If my other slick Griffin product, the PowerMate,
is any indication of the coolness of Griffin,
it sounds like it's a great place to work.

It can be... interesting. ;)

On 05/08/04 19:14, MagnusB said...
When is the next release of TotalRemote going to be |released and does it contain any fixes for "my" |repeat bug and RC5 bug?

Well Magnus, I regret to inform you that we will never be able to make it work right for you. Give up now.

JUST KIDDING!!!! :)

Due to the fiscal reality that Total Remote is not a tremendous cash cow for, and due to the fact that even minor revisions tend to eat all our profit up, we are carefully budgeting the release dates. Right now we are on an approximate 90-day cycle, but the next release ought to be around 30 days early. We are GUTTING the IR protocol handler to greatly improve both reception and transmission of some IR protocols that we cannot "cleanly" support. Preliminary work (research) has been going on since just before the public release of v2.1.333 (mad shout-out to my beta testers!), and actual programming should begin on the 18th of this month, about 4 business days away. It should take at LEAST a week do develop, and quite a bit more to test (note to beta testers: get ready for late May!). In addition to the pretty damn critical IR protocol update we will be killing a few stupid errata, altering some functions to behave differently, and adding a few new tweaks.

On 05/10/04 21:02, Robert_F said...
Hi Don, In one of the previous posts it was |mentioned that TR had problems with CCF files being |edited after codes had been learnt by the program. |There was some convoluted process to fix this that |involved loading the file into prontoedit,tonto etc |etc. Will this problem be addressed in the new |release?

No, we have decided we like this feature. We feel that the global obesity problem is something that everyone has to help with, and we are doing our part by making the user move around a lot more and click about a thousand times more than really necessary in an attempt at squeezing in a little exercise, cleverly disguised as a "bug".

JUST KIDDING AGAIN!!!! Man, I have had too much coffee this morning... ;)

Of course we intend to fix it. Thanks to the super-super-kind efforts of the author of Tonto we now know exactly what the problem is, and while he could easily accommodate us the CORRECT solution is for us to change our approach.

--Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse