The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 64 made on Monday April 12, 2004 at 19:36
TurbMike
Lurking Member
April 2004
I'm running the demo version of Total Remote (build 2.1.333) and spent a Sunday afternoon messing around with it (with my Dell x3i). I have to say, I'm impressed. I've tried most of the PDA remote software I can find and Total Remote is hands-down the best I've seen. Before I spring for the registration key, I'd like to get one little thing fixed.

I can get my Sony TV and Sony DVD players to work just great (using self-created device profiles). My favorite chair is about 20 feet from both and they respond wonderfully. The problem I'm having is with my Scientific Atlanta cable remote (it's an Explorer 3100). I can't seem to get any of the commands to work. I get no errors during the learning process but the cable box completely ignores my commands. I've tried getting within a few inches but I don't think range is an issue.

Here's another bit of information: The cable remote is multi-function and is capable of controlling my TV. When I learn a Sony command using the cable remote (such as volume) it controls the TV just fine.

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. The cable remote is the one my wife hoards so it's the one I'm most interested in emulating. BTW, I've tried all the Scientific Atlanta profiles and none of them seem to work.

Thanks.

-Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse