The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Wednesday April 7, 2004 at 11:38
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
Magnus was kind enough to not only help out with the beta testing, but also to provide an example CCF with the IR code that wasn't working. While Tonto identifies the errant code as "RC5" the signal looks quite different than any RC5 I have seen before. No matter, we will figure out the problem with the transmission algorithm and get it working.

A funny inverse problem is that certain code types are being sent twice in rapid sucession. We are trying to determine if this is a CCF playback problem or a related flaw in the IR transmission algorithm. Known affected hardware includes Magnus' Esoterica DA (thanks again Magnus!) and some Yamaha amps.

Under the heading of "feature not bug" we have two important tweaks; CCF mode runs twice as slow as Total Remote's native mode, so a macro that normally executes in 5 seconds will take 10 seconds. This is just a problem with "pausing" between actions, all IR is sent correctly at normal speed. Also, CCF mode does not support "hold-and-repeat" so controls like Volume Up require "tap-tap-tap" to be utilized. Dumb mistake, works correctly in native mode, so obviously we will implement it.

It may also gratify some to hear I am in contact with the author of Tonto to see if I can benefit from his wisdom. Pretty much all users have observed compatibility problems trying to load a Total Remote-modified CCF back into ProntoEdit or Tonto, so I have begged his indulgence in reviewing some before-and-after CCFs to see what micro-mistake we might have made. This may seem absurd, but to FULLY "repair" a Total Remote-modified CCF you must:

Load in Tonto
Save in Tonto
Load in ProntoEdit
Save in ProntoEdit
Load in Tonto

Now all features work including IR waveform view. Big thanks to Neil for finding this convoluted process! Chances are Stewart (Tonto) will find my error or fix it on his end, so all will be good soon.

Much to my surprise, that is IT. No other known bugs, no other critical features. If we can fix the non-transmit/double-transmit IR bugs in time for a Friday release, great. If not, I will post the version all the beta testers have been using since it is such an improvement over the current version.

Hosting Services by ipHouse