The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday March 11, 2004 at 16:40
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
Hi kids, sorry for the lack of timely response but I don't have as much time to search these message boards the way I might like to.

Related note: most discussion forums can send you an E-mail to let you know about new posting. Can that be done here?

O.K., TR biz...

CCF mode is obviously going to wear us out for months to come. It is extremely difficult to implement, and it seems like every time we think the bugs are gone users just find new ones to replace them. :) The SERIOUSLY positive upside is that Griffin can afford to develop this forever, and we have more of a long-term commitment to getting CCFs working right than some of our more noteworthy and but dramatically smaller competitors. I _do not_ expect people to wait idly while we screw around for weeks trying to fix all major bugs, but there will come a point in the near future when we can stop alienating new users by giving them twitchy software. ;)

Neil, did you install 2003 and lose your Nevo app? That is what I heard happens; you upgrade a Nevo-equipped iPaq to the newest OS and you irrevocably lose Nevo. If that is true, then it sounds to me like TVRC is trying to use the Nevo software to talk to the CIR LED, and since it isn't there it doesn't work. Despite the fact that some users have reported problems with the 22xx CIR control we implemented a system where you DO NOT need Nevo installed to use the CIR port. It was brutally difficult to do, so maybe the TVRC guy thought it would be easier to use the Nevo software. Kinda cuts him out of the OS-upgrader-pissed-at-losing-Nevo market I am shooting for. :)

FYI to TR users working with CCF mode: if you have a learning problem or cannot seem to transmit a learned command you should try TR's native mode. If you can learn and send a signal in native mode then that proves the problem is with CCF support and not the core sampling and transmission algorithms. It would be REALLY helpful to know that when you submit bug reports.

Oh, teaser: new bugfix version in about a week. Support for "Ozone" and it's wonderous on-the-fly landscape modes about a week after that!

Hosting Services by ipHouse