Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday February 5, 2004 at 12:24
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
Holy hell.

As the project engineer responsible for Total Remote I would like to apologize for our technical support department. I have absolutely no excuse for such an abrupt response; you'd think we could have at least sent out a few paragraphs of boilerplate so it at least appeared like someone was trying to help you.

By way of explanation, and not excuse, I will say that our technical support department is responsible for a few dozen other product, none of which are for the Pocket PC. Most of the tech support guys have minimal skills and exposure to PPCs in general. While most of them have Pocket PCs on their desk as part of their office equipment they are not used for personal use (so the guys get very little hands-on time with them), and in most cases they are defective or obsolete models that barely serve to run the Total Remote GUI. Our support guys are crippled.

Again, this is NOT an excuse. This cannot happen again, to you or any other customer of ANY of our products. Our support people's lack of equipment and training is NOT the problem of our customers. I promise that I will get tech support more of the tools they need to help our customers get the most they can out of Total Remote. I apologize to anyone who has contacted us for support and feel they were not treated well. In every other aspect and every other product we pride ourselves on exceptional support, and I will make sure this does not get overlooked.

Hosting Services by ipHouse