The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 2, 2005 at 05:20
outraegis
Lurking Member
September 2005
I'm trying to make a decision and I'd like your thoughts. I own an RC5000i (basically a Pronto) and a, through my job, I've acquired a bunch of PDAs including an Axim X30v, an Axim X50v, and a pile of old Palm OS machines.

I just moved and the wife wants me to change up some of our entertainment center devices. As a result, I'm going to have to completely reprogram the RC5000i. So, I'm thinking, what about using a color PDA instead? Should I just ignore the RC5000i, especially since it's definitely getting a bit old and cranky?

Should I go for the Pacific Neotek stuff or something like Total Remote II or the Griffin stuff? Is the Griffin stuff even supported anymore (their Web site doesn't list the thing in their product list anymore).

Is the PDA solution a cheaper workaround to getting the RC5000i, or can it be a better solution? If so, what's the best approach, given I've got a pretty good pile of PDAs I can choose from?

And, no, I'd prefer not to buy a new Pronto. After the move and the wife's purchases, I'm pretty much thinking of going with what I've got here (although I can buy some software).

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse