The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Saturday November 6, 2004 at 15:29
EarlDGray
Lurking Member
November 2004
I have been in commercial controls for so long I can't remember and have dabbled in home automation for nearly as long. I now have a large mixed application that requires advanced home automation and considerable integration with commercial controls.

I am considering both the IPronto and a CE device with the control software and IR flash card. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

CE Device:
1. Do the CE devices require a stylus, or can one just touch the screen?
2. Does the compact flash add on unit stick out of the top of the unit making it workable?

IPronto
3. I need to use the unit to view a web based control system that displays in the browser using Java. It is called DotVision (www.dotvision.com). The software says that you must use Sun's java implementation. Does anyone know if java apps (in general) and specifically if this java app will run on the Ipronto?

4. I also want to display streaming video on the IPronto from cameras such as the ones made by Axis (www.axis.com) that by default use an ActiveX control. Does anyone know if this will work on the IPronto?

Thank You Very Much in advance
Earl
Earl

Hosting Services by ipHouse