The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday March 7, 2007 at 08:09
robcornwall2003
Long Time Member
January 2006
Hi guys, well its been 6 - 7 months since building the IR to RF project in the Ipaq and sadly the Ipaq touch screen has failed leaving it completely useless. Looked into replacing the touch screen digitizer but at £35 i might as well replace it with a second hand Ipaq off ebay.

Therefore im hunting for a HP 3970, its cheap, doesnt have the awful side light for the LCD (better clarity), faster CPU and hopefully more room inside for the IR to RF circuit to fit as opposed to taking up the SD slot.

The great thing about this product is it comes with Nevo remote as well.

If i dont have the room instead then i might approach the IR to RF circuit slightly different...not sure yet...but ill mod an SD memory card to hold a tiny external case that will hold the IR receiver and RF transmitter so it can be removed easily.

Also the RF to IR part ill be upgrading to have at least 10 IR LEDs for transmission to the cinema unit (transistor is capable of handling 1 amp so plenty of power)

Lastly ive been using PDAWin's TV Controller 5.7 software in this setup and its fantastic as it allows hardware buttons to be used as well as the screen unlike Total remote.

Please feel free to contact me if you want more details, one day i plan to make a how-to guide for all of this but depends if i get the chance :)

Cheers

Hosting Services by ipHouse