Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday July 12, 2000 at 19:59
DJ Garcia
Historic Forum Post
Arjen - interesting. This is probably based on usage style. For me, moving around the menu with the slight lag, which to me appears very slight though noticeable and basically due to the need for discrete clicking for each cursor move, is not a bother. For me more of a bother (if it could be called that) is to reach to the LCD display for the play / pause / stop functions.

On the other hand I would never consider it in the DSS guide, where I want sustained action while pressing.

The behavior I have noticed (and I guess appropriate) is that commands in a macro will not sustain even if they are the last in the chain.

I guess you will have to judge for yourself. The nice thing is that you can very easily fine tune it afterwards, like going from the default .3 seconds to .2, or even switching from holding down to double-clicking without having to create a new test macro.

Arjen, did you try .2 secs? I found the behavior with .3 acceptable so haven't bothered.

Philip, as far as double-clicking I found it very adequate for where I use it. The only time I have encountered a hiccup is when I fumble, which has happened maybe twice, so it's not really a hiccup, but operator spastic behavior.

For me, these options have made a big difference in usability by using them in a few places, but as we all know, YMMV :-).

DJ

Hosting Services by ipHouse