Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 5, 2000 at 19:38
Joe
Historic Forum Post
Oh well, although I just posted the previous thread asking about the RF/IR capability, I couldn't wait for the answer, so I called Etonixs.com and bought both the T2 and the IRF6. My situation is that I have all my AV equipment in a hidden closet out of IR's reach. I have about 8-10 equipment that need to be controlled. So the real questions are:

1. Will I have any problems with RF interference if I place the IRF-6 inside the closet with all the equipment?

2. I will be connecting dual emitters at each IR output port, so I should be able to control 12 equipment max, right?

3. By placing an emitter in front of each equipment IR sensor window, would I have problems controlling equipment reliably? I've heard people having to build "IR Fort" with this setup. Would I have to build a fort for each equipment where the emitter is attached?

I hope this will work for me. I've been searching for a remote control solution like the Holy Grail. This may be it without having to spend thousands for the Lexicon, Niles, Crestron, or AMX.

Thanks for your help..........Joe.

Hosting Services by ipHouse