The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday September 10, 2000 at 14:52
Joe
Historic Forum Post
DJ:

OK. This is what I was doing. I was trying to add my TiVo remote control to the IR Library, so I took the following steps (please let me know if this is not what I'm supposed to be doing):

1. In Theater Design, I went to the IR Library Manager.
2. In the IR Library, in Edit View mode, I added my TiVo. This is where the Manufacturer, Type, Model info need to be entered.
3. Then I added the Functions (buttons to be learned). For example, 0,1,2.....Volume+, Volume-
4. Once I am finished with adding the Functions on my remote, I used the Learn IR command. This is where, I have my T2 hooked up to the PC while I'm learning each IR command from my TiVo remote. Each function is assigned a Red Dot after it has learned the command.
5 Once I finished learning all the commands, I pressed OK on the Edit View page and I am finished.

Now the problem is if I had forgotten to add a function to that IR Device page (ie. Philips, Digital Recorder, TiVo HDR112), I can't seem to find how I can simply go in and say add a Play function, without having to create a whole new Philips, Digital Recorder, Tivo with a different model number. Does this make sense?

Hope that explains my issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse