Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday September 10, 2000 at 19:00
Joe
Historic Forum Post
Actually, I have gotten around the TiVo IR range problem by moving my "Pyramid" IR sensor closer. I've also resolved the problem using RF for the TiVo. However, I still have a problem with the Pioneer Elite TV. The RPTV is about 13 ft., right infront of me,but the IR signal won't reach it. I have to move to about 8 ft. for it to get the signal. Now I want to try something, please let me know if this will work.

I found a "low level voltage" wire that has an IR emitter which is place in front of my RPTV IR sensor window. This wire must have been placed there by the custom installer, but it is not used. I know this because I traced this wire to the other end and it is not connected to anything. It just has 2 smaller wires coming out of the single wire (Positive and Negative, I guess). If someone can instruct me how to make this two wires (+/-) and turn it into a plug that will go into the IRF-6, then my problem should be solved. I won't have to use IR anymore for the RPTV but the RF instead. Can anyone advise me on this? May be there something that I can buy at Radio Shack or something.
Thanks for all your help and support.

Hosting Services by ipHouse