The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 5, 2000 at 21:21
Jeff
Historic Forum Post
Hello.

I have a question regarding the setting of outputs when there is no command on a button.

With only a macro on a button, the properities dialog doesn't show the IRF-6 tab, so the output cannot be selected. When the button is pressed, all the outputs light up on the IRF-6. This is a problem for what I am trying to do, which is to control 2 TiVo's. I have been trying to avoid learning a second set of codes for the second TiVo and just use the IRF-6's natural capability to separate the two TiVo's into zones.

This isn't a problem when the there is a command on the key, but then, the macros don't seem to work right and the codes in the macro still go to all outputs. I had been using a nested sustain-dbl click in order to get the transport and cursor controls to live together. During testing, with only one TiVo plugged in, they worked great. But now that I see all the outputs lighting up, it's neat, but not what I want.

So, rather than taking the time to learn the second remote, I'm spending even more time writing about it and experimenting, trying to get it to work. Worse case, I have another scheme that I found in the files from the d/l section here that I could implement w/o macros.

Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse