Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 5, 2001 at 02:50
Hacky
Historic Forum Post
Got my "programmed" RTI today. A young kid that does not know much about computers or HT programmed it, he was nice enough but clearly did not spend 8 hours @ $50/hr doing this. I am disappointed in that it seems to be a very basic setup that probably could be done with the new Theatermaster or nearly duplicated by the remote my B+K came with. Every question I asked the tech ("Could a button be used to toggle between the interlaced and progressive modes of my 900ES (since this takes about 10 button presses)?") was met with either 'it's too complicated' or 'why would you want to do that' or both. The remote was basically dropped off, no instruction and to top it off, it is not controlling my B+K receiver. What a waste of programming money (although they are taking it back to play with some more to get the B+K working) Now I must try to tweak it myself and make it useful, I am ready for battle.

Several questions:

1. I have a Monster 5000 PowerCenter that has separate on and off buttons and a "Remote activation circuit for auto turn-on of switched/timed outlets". Can someone tell me what this means and could I/should I also control this component with the RTI?

2. Does someone have a relatively sophisticated program 'layout' that they would e-mail me as an attachment so that I may play with it and figure out what I can do with my equipment?

Thanks for all of your help. The advice here saved me about $300 in unecessary RTI switches etc....!!! Now if I only listened and had programmed it myself.

Hosting Services by ipHouse