Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 23, 2001 at 08:11
Richard
Historic Forum Post
I know RTI read this forum from time to time, so thought I'd put up a couple of wishes for the next version of the designer. (Unless somebody else can tell me how to do them already!)

1) Have a RS-232 library like the IR Library.
I have just ordered my RS-232 cable from Bill, so thought while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'd start getting the programming done. What I have discovered is that I need to use the same commands in several macros and on several butons, but there's no way of saving my RS-232 commands in a library for each device rather I have to re-enter the strings (or copy/paste from another macro) each time! This makes for SLOW programming.

2) The ability to put comments into a macro. When doing the RS-232 programming I realized that what is displayed in the macro is the RS-232 string (a little hard to understand what it may be doing), so it would be nice to be able to either change the taxt that is displayed or be able to insert a comment line before the command within the macro. Of course if (1) above if done, then the description could be displayed instead of the rs-223 string. But it would still be nice to be able to add comments to explain reasons for doing certain things in macros.

Thanks
Richard

Hosting Services by ipHouse