Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Sunday March 18, 2001 at 18:03
Hacky
Historic Forum Post
Thank you all so much. My salesman is aggressive to say the least and unfortunately his willingness to provide information and rationale is not nearly as great as his willingness to turn every order into the most expensive configuration possible. When I asked to refund me for some of the extras (the day after I bought them over the phone), he said that they had already been installed in my rack. I do not believe him as everything else they have done has taken weeks. He claims that the RF is the best solution and it always works (he also insisted he had the RS 232 and I needed it to communicate with my AVR307 but mysteriously he now says it was not installed because I did not need it. ).

Frankly I am worn down from this whole affair and if I had to do it over again, many $1000s later, I would not use this company. I could go on and on with a tale of deception and incompetency. The installer of the wiring ruined wood paneling on the outside of my house as he did not know how to run the wires from one room to another. My own contractor ahd to come bail him out the next day after I came home form work and saw a rat's nest of cables on the outside of my house and multiple large holes punches throught the siding. Of course the 'system designer' never showed up that day. There is much more to tell but I will not waste your time, and this is the reputable dealer in this area, yikes.

Caveat emptor as they say, I realize I am at part to blame, but for one who has not purchased even stereo equipment in 10 years, this stuff is complicated and you are really to a great degree in the hands of your salesman and 'designer'. I have yet to figure out what the $1000s I paid in design fees were really for.

But again, thank you for all of your responses. So far he has not told me that the remote was programmed already so I may be back with questions as I tackle this myself.

Hosting Services by ipHouse