Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday March 18, 2001 at 16:06
Hansi
Historic Forum Post
I think your dealer is trying to sell you more than you need. Maybe he get a package deal from RTI with the remote, rf-6 and some sensors.

I know Bill have a special package with those items, and I bought the package as overseas shipping is expensive and/or take time so i made the decision to buy stuff that i dont need now but might need later.

Check the forums/file areas of remotecentral and try to find out exactly which units in your system need power/video sensors. Also ask your sales contact exactly why you need them. He should not offer them unless he KNOW which units in your system need them.

Regarding the programming...the whole point (as I see it) of a customizable remote is that you want to customize it to your own taste. Nobody else than you can manage that.

I finished about 60% of the programming in 1-2 evenings while waiting for the remote to be delivered. Then I spend one evening learning all the buttons that I could not find in any library, and then a few hours making makros and frames that work very well.

I showed my 5 year old daughter ONCE which keys to press to fire up the system in tv-viewing mode (Press main menu, then press the TV button for 0.3 seconds). This turns on the TV and the AV amplifier then selects the TV input. She has not had any problems since, which give me a chance to sleep late on saturdays :-)

If you would have had a custom installed home cinema setup from scratch with a lot of components, projector, screens etc then I would see the point of including the remote programming in the price of the final system.
But if you have installed your gear by yourself, you should be able to setup the remote for it too.

You should make some tests of how RF works for you too. I have not managed to make the RF stuff work anywhere near reliably yet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse