The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday March 16, 2001 at 12:28
Bill E
Historic Forum Post
Hacky,

If your installer is promising you RS232 modules, he is uninformed as they are not available, with no target in site. So I would question him about this, it is always best to deal with someone that is up front with you.

As for the sensors being more reliable, I would disagree, the sensors are another link in the chain that ad’s the possibility of programming errors and equipment failure. There is no way you are going to convince me that putting more parts into any system, that doesn’t need them, increases reliability. The discreet codes are always best when they are available. When they are not available, the modules work great but never use them if they are not required.

And finally on RF reliability, this is a tough one. The RF works absolutely great in about 1 in 10 homes. But in the ones it does not work in I have had a bear of a time getting them to work, and more than a couple of time just took them back. I think the RF is a powerful addition to T2, and I have had flawless performance from mine, but be aware it may take some work to get it dialed in (antenna tweaking), or it just may never work due to the RF environment it is being used in. I have never had a problem with RTI taking these few systems back.

Try the software it is fairly easy but a good installer that has done a lot of these can really enhance your enjoyment of the system.

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse