Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 21, 2001 at 15:52
Scmucker
Historic Forum Post
Good news for anyone struggling with getting a discrete RC-5 code into the T2 library. I have a Classe SSP-75 that I have RC-5 codes for discrete power functions. I tried using Pronto Edit to define the RC-5 function and cut and paste the resulting hex code using designer F12. As some of you know this will not work because Pronto Edit will not display the complete hex string for RC-5 functions. The only alternative seemed to be borrowing a pronto, programming it for a RC-5 code and using it to teach the T2 via its learning function. Not a very eloquent solution! I found an answer while poking around the remotecentral site. In the Pronto utilities section is a program by John Fine called MakeHex. This program uses a .IRP file to programmatically generate hex sequences for certain IR protocols. One of the supplied .IRP files is a template for RC5. Just edit this file for your device and function range and MakeHex will produce Pronto (T2) compatible hex codes. It worked the first time for my Classe. Very kewl!

Enjoy,

Scmucker

Hosting Services by ipHouse