The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday June 25, 2001 at 11:26
Ed
Historic Forum Post
Hi all!

I'm very happy with my TT, but there are some inconveniences concerning the teach-in software.

Whenever you learn a new remote, you never know about toggle-codes. And so it may happen, that your wonderful programming doesnt work as you expect.

Suggestion:

The teach-in software should ask twice or more times to scan a button. If the scancode for the same button is different from the previous one, a generic Button should be created in the .cml-file.

e.g.: you define a "Mute" - button, that toggles it's code whenever being pressed.

The teach-in-software should ask to press the button again and create a generic button "Mute_" in the command library if it detects a different signal.

This loop should be done for a specific button again and again until a code is detected that was already there.

A year ago i wrote an email to RTI concerning this problem, but i didnt get an answer by now.

So i wrote a utility that solves the problem:

Now i define every button twice (e.g. Mute/Mute_) and than I enter capture mode to learn every button (including the self-made double_).

When this step is finished, i run my program over on *.cml file.

It lists every remote and every code in the library, and finally prints a list of any code that exists twice within a specific remote.

I than delete the double definitions and have a complete and clean *.cml file.

The utility will be in the download-area in a few days, the name is "ChkDblIr.exe" which means "Check Double InfraRedcodes".

It was some work to analyze and decode the RTI-cml file structure. But now it works fine and i'm happy with it.

Hope you will enjoy it.

Ed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse