The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 23, 2001 at 23:33
gkouri
Founding Member
August 2001
I have an RC 5000 and have not programmed it since I was waiting for my new Anthem AV preamp/processor. I have an RPTV, DVD, FArodja NR video processor, 2 satellies and a VCR. The RTI looks interesting, particularly given the tactile element of the buttons and the ability to manage the software. Questions:

1) Given the limited number of hard buttons, does this present limitations for AV processors which have numerous actions on the remotes? I recognize that the LCD buttons can be programmed, but am still curious about this.

2) Are the IR limitations serious? Do they result in poor performance such as certain units turning on and others not very frequently?

3) How difficult is it to source discrete codes from other members. SPecifically I am looking for these codes for my Faroudja Native Rate Video processor which is essential. This does not appear in the current files at remotecentral. I am surprised that the database is so small given how popular this unit is supposed to be with installers.

Finally, are there programmers on this forum who could do the initial work (for a fee of course)? If so, I would be interested in speaking with them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse