The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday December 4, 2002 at 23:21
Theater Builders
Long Time Member
November 2002
So you want me to tell everyone how to solder something on to their remotes main PCB.

Gee that’s a great idea, So RTI is really going to love me when a zillion people call them up after they used their soldering “GUN” and ruined their remote because they were not even qualified to take the screws out of the back.

This isn’t some simple fix like cutting the center leg on a transistor so that your RCA receiver will no longer accept software upgrades from direct TV. It takes a little gymnastics to do this mod, that’s why I made the offer to do it for whom ever wanted it for a reasonable price. And I can guarantee what I do to your remote. Like I said before the process is reversible. Once removed, know one would ever know it had been there.

I have been through just as much and probably more grief than any of you over this remote, that’s why I fixed the reception problem myself and stopped worrying about the stupid warrantee which is only for a year anyway , and hey, all I hear is complaints from people not being able to get the warrantee work done anyway.

Here is some Old Guy advice for you installers, find yourself a good electronic repair guy, pay him the $1000.00 or whatever it takes for him to figure the remote and IRF-6 out, without any schematics, that way, you will always have your own repair guy to go to when you have trouble.

David

Hosting Services by ipHouse