The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday November 26, 2002 at 01:00
Theater Builders
Long Time Member
November 2002
Well in general, if you are not authorized to open the remote, and you do, the warrantee is void. So if your remote is new? You might just want to suffer with it, the way it is.

That being said, once I remove the mod, you can not tell anything was ever changed. Further, I have not had one of the remotes I have modified fail on account of the modification. I have had a couple of remotes that had the LCD screen fail, but this is a known problem with the older remotes.

As to what the mod is, please see my first posting. I will tell you this much though, I do not remove any of the existing electronics, I leave everything as is, except I add something that fixes a design flaw between the “transmit chip” and the “splatch”. Once again, if you are not an electronic wiz do not take your remote apart except maybe to replace a worn out keypad.

Further, I am the president of a legitimate business and I am an RTI dealer.
I always completely warrantee my work. I am sure that arrangements can be made to insure that your remote makes the trip both ways in its original condition, with the exception of the mod.

I can also properly modify your IRF-6 with an panel mount BNC jack and matching cable with solder less gold BNC ends.

It is really a plus to have both the IRF-6 and the T2 modified for best results. With these mods, you can at the least expect your problems with inconsistent macros and dead reception spots to vanish.

I am thinking about offering the combined mods, {IRF-6 and T2} for around $150.00 including parts + Shipping.

Dave

P.S. I do not at this time do any remote repairs beyond, replacing keypads and chassis parts, further these mods have no effect on the IR functions of the remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse