Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Thursday April 5, 2001 at 21:23
Bill E
Historic Forum Post
I wish there were a magic answer for this problem. I have sold some high gains with the original on a tee perpendicular to the original and it helped a lot, but only if your IRF-6 was already working fairly well with occasional intermittent problems. I have recommended the Terk FM Pro to folks, that it did nothing for. There is a lister here that swears by the FM Pro. I had absolutely no problems out of the box with my personal one and love the RF. There is customer who has detailed his problems on this forum that I sent (2)T2's and (2) IRF-6's and a high gain antenna with absolutely no improvement in his poor reception. This same system when returned worked perfectly at my location. He finally traded it in for a Crestron and has no problems. I love this remote but have started warning potential customers that in 20% of the installations customers are having problems and that they may end up returning the IRF-6. This is a fantastic remote, I just wish that it was switched over to a frequency that worked 100% of the time, it's a shame but still the best remote going for the 80%.

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse