The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday February 12, 2003 at 14:23
bowlerj
Lurking Member
February 2003
I'm glad to see Gil Diaz posting. I am an owner of the infamous DA90ESG. I read Gil's fix posted on this site back in 1999. I had problems emailing Gil using the address he provided and didn't think he was still around here. I recently built Gil's simple Control-A1 cable and put it between my DA90ESG and my Sony TV. I also bought a $20 One For All, URC-8811 remote and got what's called a JP1 cable which allows me to do all sorts of advanced programing of the remote on my PC. The JP1 cable can be made yourself or bought for about $15. I got some help with some gurus on the JP1 user group site and now have full control of my receiver using a solution costing under $50. The use of the JP1 software is a bit technical so it may not be simple enough for many to implement without help. For more info checkout:

[Link: groups.yahoo.com] and
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

I'm very grateful to Gil for posting his Pronto CCF solution. Gil, if you see this respond back with a way to contact you. I'd like to see your list of discrete codes to see if you have any additional. I'd also like to send you the $5.
John

Hosting Services by ipHouse