The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 27, 2003 at 13:23
sfmd
Lurking Member
January 2003
Let first start out by saying: "WOW, what great informative forum!" I've learned more about the current state of remote technology than I care to admit to.

A couple of years ago while researching "all-in-one" remotes, I stumble into the "remotecentral" site and quickly found the answer to my rather specific question -- "Is there any off-the-shelf remote which could possible control my new (at the time) Sony STRDA90ESG receiver?" The answer back then was not just "no" but rather "NO! Never."

I checked back periodically and one day read about a new remote capable of transmitting at about the 455 IR range. Just what I was looking for; the RTI T2, unfortunately it came with a rather steep price tag. I thought to myself, self let's wait for the price to come down and then jump in. So I waited and keep lurking at all the RTI T2 glowing reviews. And I waited and read all, I read all the posts thru the 80% screen failure period, I read all is RTI still "alive" posts, all the while the T2 price remained surprisingly steady, no indication the price will be dropping anytime soon, which also told me a lot about the quality of the remote.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I finally decided time has come to grab this remote. After talking directly with Bill @homeautomationet (who was again an expert referenced in many T2 posts), I probably had 20 questions for him (he authoritatively answered them all), I was convinced that the T2 was going to work for me and went ahead and purchased my RTI remote from Bill. Regardless of the outcome of this issue, I have tremendous respect for professionalism displayed by Bill and the guys at home automation, and I would not hesitate doing business with them in the future.

Well the day had finally arrived when my T2 was delivered. I was able to have my "custom" remote completely customized before my T2 remote actually arrived in my possession (again thanks to this forum, for the software and ideas), all that was left was for me to upload my customized remote into the T2, sit back in the big recliner and enjoy my new toy.

Life is not fair, I have all "Sony" components, each and everyone can now be elegantly controlled with the T2, except for my STRDA90ESG. I have received the updated STRDA90ESG IR library from Bill, all commands are set to send out @ IR 455.2 signals. No STRDA90ESG commands work, no macros work, I've tried various combination of "repeat" & "sustain", various macro combinations; for example to turn the system on I have tried: “GUI”, “SELECT”,”TV/DBS”, “SELECT”.

THE T2 DOESN"T WORK AT ALL WITH MY ESG!!!.

I would be encouraged if I could get even a "single" mapped remote command or a single macro command to work with the Sony. So far I have seen nothing to indicate the T2 and my Sony are communicating. I did upload a "mute" command from my Sony remote into the IR library and the IR Frequency of the uploaded command, as I recall, was 461(?). What's that all about?

Any idea as to where I might look to diagnose my T2 problem? The receiver "SETUP" screen does have a few commands for "IR” control selections, I don't remember changing any of these ever, thou I could have. Any help is greatly appreciated; I'll ask a final question, if I may:

"Does any remote work with my Sony STRDA90ESG?"

Down and Out in San Francisco, still living with 2 remotes.

Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse