Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday September 24, 2003 at 01:55
RTI Installer
March 2002
The Amplifier will not work with the T2, because the voltage is wrong, I already looked into doing this. Further, we built a 900mz mod version of the T2 and IRF-6 with no improvement in performance. Further RTI got into trouble in the first place by following Linx’s recommendations. So I would advise common sense over being legalistic regarding their instructions, which were after all, crafted for the most part in a theoretical world and not in someone’s home environment. Further the output gain is up as far as it can legally go; the problem is as I have stated before, within the incompatibility of the transmitter and transmitting antenna its self. I am netting ranges of 80 feet in line of site tests with my current mod with no drop in performance using the stock transmitter. In some cases the remote will work through 3 stories but the reception of course is questionable at times, this can be corrected of course by daisy chaining IRF-6 modules together, {which they were originally designed to do} I am still working the bugs out on that part.

Enjoy

David
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse