Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday October 21, 2003 at 00:15
RTI Installer
March 2002
Response by Robert Pitard “Regarding the paper trick....is that a recognized/authorized repair technique? I'm sure that one would void any warranty”.

The customer is happy that his remote works, that’s my job, making people happy, I believe the service I provide is equally as important as the products I sell, even if I have to fix something with chewing gum and rubber bands, I made a promise to the customer, the manufacture did not have any product to ship at that time as a replacement, so I fixed it, it still works, everyone is happy happy.

I am going to be working with these people long after the stupid warrantee has expired. So what if I hack up the remote it’s the least expensive thing in the theaters I build, there are far more expensive things that I take apart and modify all the time to make the customer happy, remember that’s my job.

I could scream and yell at RTI all day long but that wont make my customers happy, besides RTI has heard all the horror stories already, and believe it or not these problems are not as wide spread as you might suggest, in fact they are a very, very small percentage of their total sales.

Suggestion!
Your case sounds pretty odd like you got the King Tut curse or something.
Maybe you should find another supplier for the T2, perhaps they throw the boxes around at lunchtime or something at your current supplier,

Suggestion!
Stuck button? Whatever, just fix the stupid thing, clean it sand it whatever it takes so everybody is happy, there are only 6 screws on the back, they sell button pads and case parts individually after all. And further, don’t give me that boo hoo this doesn’t work routine, you’re an installer man, fix it or go back to selling prontos.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse