The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday April 4, 2004 at 21:44
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
Hey RTI installer, first of all I didn't notice you sent parts for the $36, I thought it was just hard copy instructions. Second of all, I understand that you spend lots of time working on this, because frankly the range on the remote sucks more than a top of the line Hoover. So does the Prontos RF extender. I list the Prontos in my profile because that is what I personally own in my own home. I used to program Prontos with my previous company and at the time I program RTI T2's as well as a REAL contol system...Crestron. I will be the first to say I'm not fond of RTI remotes. Why? Frankly because they aren't reliable. They would be outstanding if they didn't have so many problems such as sticking buttons, touchscreens loosing sensitivity, and horrible range. I know what you're going to say because I've read your posts about how you've fixed the stuck button issue, how you've fixed screen issues by wedging paper between the screen and the case, and how now you're fixing the range with these new mods. I think that's cool, but I'll be damned if I spend as much time as you doing that for a remote that costs $1000. If RTI won't do it then you need to find another product. After spending a few hours pulling apart four T2s that were less than a year old and in for service, I managed to swap parts and get 2 fully working units. I also managed to convince my boss that it's time to find another remote to sell our clients. You're one to talk about advocating one brand and not being fond of others. All you talk about is RTI's...get a life dude. All I was saying is that in this proffession we often trade tech tips...we don't sell them, and that the proper place for sales pitches here are in the marketplace forum.

This message was edited by McNasty on 04/04/04 21:53.

Hosting Services by ipHouse